Monday, February 23, 2009

1/2 Marathon...Completed!

So, last weekend we finished our first half marathon. It was an amazing course, with "amazing" hills! We finished in our goal time of 2 1/2 hours (well, 2 hrs 33 min)...woohoooo!

Those hills were brutal, so I was thankful for the strength training we do during Stroller Strides classes...my recovery was great! I am ready to run again, one week later!

The girls I ran with, Kristy and Rachelle, were awesome and also finished in their goal times...and my hubby was a rockstar! He completed the whole thing with minimal training...though he lost his knee caps on mile 11. Love you babe!

I think I'll sign up for the Houston full marathon. Anyone want to join me? Any takers, any takers?

Fit moms really do rock!!!



2 comments:

Valerie said...

Congrats to all! Looks like it was a blast!

Chelsea said...

Congrats to you guys! Looking forward to running the 1/2 marathon together in November :)