Friday, February 6, 2009

New Year's Resolution...in February!

Okay, so I realize it is February, but here I am completing one of my resolutions. I want to blog, I love to blog, and so I must...Blog!

Many exciting things are happening this time of year. Gavin is nearly potty-trained, Nathan is 5 months old and roles over like a pro, and Grant and I are in the midst of training for our first HALF MARATHON!! Yes, that's right, 13.1 miles on foot.

If you ask me why, I'll just smile and say, because. But when I think about it, the answer to that questions is really, why not! God has blessed me with good health, a great family, and a lifestyle to support a very active motherhood. I am excited to add this to my list of accomplishments.

The other day, I was out with my friend Kristy on a 6 mile run. It was 8 a.m. and there we were, pushing our children in jogging Strollers, enjoying the beautiful day that it was. I took in the clean fresh air with a rush. "This feels awesome!!!!" I thought to myself. Here I am, mother of two, running. Simply running. And I loved it. =)

Okay, so enough about the running...I am pleased to say that Stroller Strides classes are going great! We have a wonderful group of mommies who love to work out and talk as much as I do...it doesn't get any better! Everyday I am inspired by the moms in my group. And everyday I am thankful to have the opportunity to know these women.

I feel oh-so-lucky to a wonderful husband who supports me in all I do. He's even running the half marathon with me (THANKS BABE!) which is so exciting. He says next we will train for a triathalon together. I tried not to laugh out loud, but I am pretty sure he heard me, Haha! Actually, if I could learn how to breath when I swim, I'd love too!

Okay, signing out for now. My goal is to blog once per week. So...see you next week!

~Ami
www.strollerstrides.net/houston
www.strollerstrides.com





No comments: